I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge, and competent to instruct one another.
Devotion & Service to God
- Grow men in their relationship with Christ
- Encourage men to embrace their unique call in service to God
- Build community (and communities) among men
- Invite and include men not actively walking with Christ and not members of First Presbyterian – win men for Christ
- Provide entry points for men that help reach other goals
- Provide opportunities to model man-of-Christ living
There are opportunities for men of all ages to engage through a variety of settings in order to know, experience, and act on the love and power of Christ. Our events are open to any man and are often comprised of men from other churches and denominations, drawn together by Christ, and the desire to know Him better.
For more information on Discipleship at First Presbyterian, click on our Discipleship Booklet.
Men's Retreat 2020 | March 6-7
Location | Laurel Ridge Conference Center
Guest Speaker | Tim Norton
Cost | $80 (first timers); $80 (men 30 & under); $99 a person (double room); $125 a person (single room)
Deposit | $50 non refundable, due at registration
Schedule | Retreat begins with dinner Friday night and ends late Saturday afternoon (you can be home for dinner)
Registration | Registration is closed. Please contact Chuck Hobbs if you have questions.
Ways to Connect (weekly)
Tuesday | 6:30 am | Building A-Fellowship Hall
- Spring study starts January 7
- Study on the Faith Hall of Fame. Heroes of the faith from Hebrews 11.
- Breakfast at 6:30 am and program
Wednesday | 6:30-7:45 pm | Building A- Gallery Lounge
- Spring study starts January 8
- Study on Paul’s letters to the Corinthians
- Child care available with reservation x233
Friday | 6:30 am | Home of Scott Wray-729 Stratford Rd.
- Study on the book of Acts
- Alex Hudson leading the study
Sports & Other Fun Stuff
Enjoy fellowship with other men, develop Godly friendships, and find some downtime just being one of the guys.
Softball – Greg Schutt
Hiking – Dawson Nesbitt
F3 (workout groups for men; go to f3nation.com for more info)
Don’t see your thing? Let’s start one…For additional information contact Chuck Hobbs.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.