I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge, and competent to instruct one another.
Devotion & Service to God
- Grow men in their relationship with Christ
- Encourage men to embrace their unique call in service to God
- Build community (and communities) among men
- Invite and include men not actively walking with Christ and not members of First Presbyterian – win men for Christ
- Provide entry points for men that help reach other goals
- Provide opportunities to model man-of-Christ living
There are opportunities for men of all ages to engage through a variety of settings in order to know, experience, and act on the love and power of Christ. Our events are open to any man and are often comprised of men from other churches and denominations, drawn together by Christ, and the desire to know Him better.
For more information on Discipleship at First Presbyterian, click on our Discipleship Booklet.
Men’s Ministry Tailgate
Friday, August 30 | Wake Forest Home Season Opener vs Utah State | Tailgate 6pm, Kickoff, 8pm | Red Lot
Plenty of food and drinks for the whole family | RSVP to Blaire Spencer, so that we can plan for food
Men of First Pres-It’s a Fall Tradition! Men’s Ministry of First Presbyterian kicks off the fall season of life together with Wake Forest’s season opener against Utah State on Friday August 30. We will host a tailgate beginning at 6:00 p.m. at BB&T Field to mark Men’s Ministry’s fall season.
Tailgate will be in Red Lot. We generally aim to set up next to the drive that runs between the Red Lot and the Gold Lot. See Gameday Information to get your bearings and figure out your own routing to get there.
You will need to purchase your own ticket(s) to the game. However, we are collecting tickets and expect to have a number of tickets to give away at the tailgate, so check in there before purchasing tickets at the game.
Men’s Retreat 2020
Save the Date! | March 6-7
Guest Speaker will be our own, Tim Norton!
Ways to Connect (weekly)
Tuesday | 6:30 am | Building A-Fellowship Hall
- Fall semester starts September 3
- Study on Parables of Jesus
- Breakfast at 6:30 am and program at 6:50 am
Wednesday | 6:30-7:45 pm | Building A- Gallery Lounge
- Fall semester starts September 11
- Study on Paul’s letters to the Corinthians
- Child care available with reservation x233
Friday | 6:30 am | Home of Scott Wray-729 Stratford Rd.
- Study on the book of Acts
- Alex Hudson leading the study
Sports & Other Fun Stuff
Enjoy fellowship with other men, develop Godly friendships, and find some downtime just being one of the guys.
Softball – Greg Schutt – email@example.com
Hiking – Dawson Nesbitt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fishing – Tom Dunlap – email@example.com
F3 (workout groups for men; go to f3nation.com for more info)
Don’t see your thing? Let’s start one…For additional information contact Chuck Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.