I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge, and competent to instruct one another.
Devotion & Service to God
- Grow men in their relationship with Christ
- Encourage men to embrace their unique call in service to God
- Build community (and communities) among men
- Invite and include men not actively walking with Christ and not members of First Presbyterian – win men for Christ
- Provide entry points for men that help reach other goals
- Provide opportunities to model man-of-Christ living
There are opportunities for men of all ages to engage through a variety of settings in order to know, experience, and act on the love and power of Christ. Our events are open to any man and are often comprised of men from other churches and denominations, drawn together by Christ, and the desire to know Him better.
For more information on Discipleship at First Presbyterian, click on our Discipleship Booklet.
Men’s Retreat 2020
March 6-7 | Laurel Ridge, NC
Guest Speaker | Tim Norton
Cost | $80 (first timers); $80 (men 30 & under); $99 a person (double room); $125 a person (single room)
Deposit | $50 non refundable, due at registration
Registration | Opens December 22
Ways to Connect (weekly)
Tuesday | 6:30 am | Building A-Fellowship Hall
- Fall semester starts September 3
- Study on Parables of Jesus
- Breakfast at 6:30 am and program at 6:50 am
Wednesday | 6:30-7:45 pm | Building A- Gallery Lounge
- Fall semester starts September 11
- Study on Paul’s letters to the Corinthians
- Child care available with reservation x233
Friday | 6:30 am | Home of Scott Wray-729 Stratford Rd.
- Study on the book of Acts
- Alex Hudson leading the study
Sports & Other Fun Stuff
Enjoy fellowship with other men, develop Godly friendships, and find some downtime just being one of the guys.
Softball – Greg Schutt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiking – Dawson Nesbitt – email@example.com
Fishing – Tom Dunlap – firstname.lastname@example.org
F3 (workout groups for men; go to f3nation.com for more info)
Don’t see your thing? Let’s start one…For additional information contact Chuck Hobbs at email@example.com.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.