SUNDAY SCHOOL | SUMMER CLASSES
A maturing disciple is someone who has said “yes” to God’s love in Jesus Christ and has become an apprentice of Jesus. Our apprenticeship is a lifelong journey of transformation to become like Jesus through the Spirit, growing to love the Triune God above all else and loving others and creation as Jesus does. While discipleship cannot be limited to a program, there are ways that we can order our lives together and individually that will create room for the Holy Spirit to transform us. We call these the “building blocks” of discipleship: education, community, practices, and joining God’s mission.
NEW TO CLASS?
We are so glad to welcome you! All classes are welcome to visitors anytime. Below is a description of our current classes. We also have spring and fall short-term classes which change each season so be on the lookout for additional classes.
>If you are coming to an in-person class, enter through the side doors of Building A (sanctuary building) which are right off the parking lot between the buildings. Through these doors is the Gallery, where an information desk is located. A greeter will be at the desk who can direct you to your class.
>If you would like to participate by Zoom, please contact Amy Carlan, firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom invitation.
Summer 2021 Adult Sunday School 9:45-10:40AM
Hybrid (in-person and virtual options for all three classes)
EAGLE'S WINGS CLASS | A211 (beginning July 11) & Zoom
- Contact | Amy Carlan for a Zoom invitation link. If Zoom is new to you, but you’d like to join, please contact Amy for support.
- Study | Galatians
- Description | Eagle’s Wings has been a beloved Sunday school class for many years now, welcoming all into community and encouraging people through God’s word. The class explores books of the Bible, alternating between Old and New Testament books. Eagle’s Wings is a truly intergenerational class. Most people are 40 to 80, with a sprinkle of younger ages, sometimes even teens. Join them for sharing, prayer, and excellent teaching.
STUDENTS OF THE WORD | A208 & Zoom
- Contact | Amy Carlan for a Zoom invitation.
- Study | 1 & 2 Peter starting on May 2
- Description| Students of the Word is one of our long-standing classes that has been faithfully teaching Scripture in an engaging and personal way for years, and welcoming all people warmly into the community. Mostly, it is comprised of people in their 40’s to 60’s, but with young adults and older adults sprinkled in as well. This spring, they will be meeting as one class but have two options for engagement: Zoom or in-person.
DISCIPLESHIP CLASS | A219 & Zoom
- Contact| Amy Carlan for the Zoom link
- Study | The Psalms, using Charles Swindoll commentary
- Teaching Team | Eight to ten class members who rotate weekly
Save the date for our fall kick-off: August 22
All adults will gather together and hear about the upcoming fall classes, small group opportunities, and volunteer opportunities.
Starting August 29 we will have a number of new classes start, including:
· Participating in Mission, a short-term class taught by Dr. Uchenna Anyanwu.
· Dr. Cathy McDowell’s Bible Class
· Justice in Jesus
· Adult Bible Study
· Students of the Word
· Eagle’s Wings
· Discipleship Class
· New Covenant Partner Class – October 3, 10, 17, & 24