The 2022 Congregational Nominating Committee is asking for recommendations for the offices of Elder (6), Deacon (6), and the 2023 Nominating Committee (5).
The offices of Elder and Deacon will serve a 3 year term. The Nominating Committee serves a 1 year term.
Please submit nominations by September 5.
- Government responsibilities: Exercise spiritual leadership, government, and discipline and have responsibilities for the life of a particular church at large.
- Gifts & requirements: Commitment to Christ, faith, dedication, and good judgment; their manner of life should be a demonstration of the Christian gospel.
- Specific responsibilities: To strengthen and nurture the faith and the life of the congregation committed to their charge; together with the pastor, they should encourage people in worship and service of God, equip and renew them for the tasks within the church and for their mission in the world.
- Ministry & gifts: Commitment to Christ, sympathy, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ; persons of spiritual character, honest repute, exemplary lives, brotherly and sisterly love, warm sympathies, and sound judgment should be chosen for office.
- Specific responsibilities: Minister to those in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to anyone who may be in distress.
- Ministry & Gifts: Discernment and knowledge of congregation.
- Specific Responsibilities: Serve for 1 year to nominate the next class of officers.
Pastor Nominating Committee
- Ministry & Gifts: strong faith, dedication, spiritual and theological maturity, and good judgment. Their manner of life should be a demonstration of the Christian gospel.
- General Responsibilities: open to God’s leadership and timing, able to attend weekly committee meetings until the pastor’s call has been finalized, work equally well as a team player and as a leader, and not be divisive. The process that they will embark on is one that requires a high level of commitment and discretion. Some travel may be necessary. Estimated time of service is at least 12 months.
1 Timothy 3:1-13 | Titus 1:5-9 | Romans 12:1-12
In addition, our church uses the following guidelines.
- Have been a member of our church for at least one year.
- Be positively engaged in the life of the church.
- Support the church mission statement and the leadership of the church.
- Support our stated theology, as described in the Essential Tenets by our membership in ECO: The Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
- Support our church budget financially.
- Not be an immediate family member of anyone serving on the Nominating Committee or the body to which the candidate is being nominated.
- Be able and willing to fulfill the time required to lead including officer training, session/deacon retreat, and other regular and special duties specific to each position (e.g. session and committee meetings for elders and visiting for deacons).