The 2021 Congregational Nominating Committee is asking for recommendations for the offices of Elder (6), Deacon (6), and the 2022 Nominating Committee (5).
The offices of Elder and Deacon will serve a 3 year term. The Nominating Committee serves a 1 year term.
Please submit nominations by September 6.
- Government responsibilities: Exercise spiritual leadership, government, and discipline and have responsibilities for the life of a particular church at large.
- Gifts & requirements: Commitment to Christ, faith, dedication, and good judgment; their manner of life should be a demonstration of the Christian gospel.
- Specific responsibilities: To strengthen and nurture the faith and the life of the congregation committed to their charge; together with the pastor, they should encourage people in worship and service of God, equip and renew them for the tasks within the church and for their mission in the world.
- Ministry & gifts: Commitment to Christ, sympathy, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ; persons of spiritual character, honest repute, exemplary lives, brotherly and sisterly love, warm sympathies, and sound judgment should be chosen for office.
- Specific responsibilities: Minister to those in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to anyone who may be in distress.
- Ministry & Gifts: Discernment and knowledge of congregation.
- Specific Responsibilities: Serve for 1 year to nominate the next class of
1 Timothy 3:1-13 | Titus 1:5-9 | Romans 12:1-12
In addition, our church uses the following guidelines.
- Have been a member of our church for at least one year.
- Be positively engaged in the life of the church.
- Support the church mission statement and the leadership of the church.
- Support our stated theology, as described in the Essential Tenets by our membership in ECO: The Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
- Support our church budget financially.
- Not be an immediate family member of anyone serving on the Nominating Committee or the body to which the candidate is being nominated.
- Be able and willing to fulfill the time required to lead including officer training, session/deacon retreat, and other regular and special duties specific to each position (e.g. session and committee meetings for elders and visiting for deacons).
- To each position (e.g. session and committee meetings for elders and visiting for deacons).