Our Church During Covid-19
First Presbyterian desires to actively care for our congregation, community, and world while keeping Jesus at the center of every response to this crisis. This page serves as a resource for staying connected as a faith family, and for serving our city and beyond. It will be updated continually as opportunities evolve.
We will keep you informed via our website, social media accounts, and through our weekly newsletter (1st This Week). If you are not currently signed up to receive the weekly newsletter and would like to do so, please get in touch below.
Please join us online for worship on Sundays at 11am. Livestream link below or subscribe to the First Presbyterian YouTube channel. Worship service videos and devotions from the Pastors are available to watch on the First Pres YouTube channel.
Midweek devotion and prayer will be emailed on Wednesdays. (Sign up for 1st This Week to receive)
For the best viewing experience, we recommend using the Google Chrome browser or the YouTube app depending on the device you are using to view the Livestream.
We would like to connect with you! Please fill out our online connection card.
Pastoral Conversations & Prayer
Call our direct lines to set up a meeting time that is convenient for you. We can talk on the phone, or by Zoom, whichever you prefer:
Peter Barnes: 336-930-1001
Mike Horne: 336-930-1002
Tim Norton: 336-930-1003
Amy Carlan: 336-930-1004
Heather Thomsen Tang: 336-930-1005
Children’s Ministry Resources
- Children’s Bulletin Printable | linked here, August 16
- Children’s Sunday School Printable, Fruits of the Spirit, Gentleness | linked here, August 16
- Children’s Book Resource: “Maybe God Is Like That, Too” by Jennifer Grant
- Art and Play Activity Guide for Kids in Quarantine. Link here.
- Happy Home Fairy | Website link here and Acts of Kindness While Social Distancing
Children’s Ministry Videos:
- Youth Sunday School via Zoom. To ensure a safe environment for our students, each week Amy Hodges will email the students/parents the Zoom links. If you do not receive the link, please contact Amy Hodges.
- Online Devotions are available. Devotions will be posted a couple times weekly.
- Women’s Bible Study | Spring semester (Imagine Jesus) audio is available.
- Day Apart Retreat | May 2020 | Daniel
First Presbyterian has always been a church that “shows up.” We have a history of leaning in rather than
running away from challenging circumstances. Many of you might be wondering how to serve the most
vulnerable in our community during this pandemic. Please see below for updates from several of our
Loving Our City Partners Page
Resource Sheets during Covid-19
On this page, you will find information from reputable sources is an invaluable resource during this time.
Even though we can’t be together, your giving matters. You can continue to give online. Your giving supports the ministries and mission of First Presbyterian.
We have also started a fund for emergency community support. Many parents will not have childcare and may need to step away from work. Many people who work for hourly wages may not be able to work or get paid. We want to be mindful of those who will suffer in these ways — in our congregation and our larger community. If you would like to contribute to this fund, you can do so by check or go online to give. Designate your offering as COVID-19.